Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Dark Lips. Get The Look: Chanel Autumn 2020 and Alternative Products

Long time readers will know that I am a huge fan of a dark lip, so I am obviously loving the beauty look from the latest Chanel show. Lucia Pica kept the face and eye makeup minimal to make it look fresh and modern.

On the lips she used the new products which will be a part of the Autumn collection (out in July), and, no doubt, will be a big hit: ROUGE ALLURE VELVET EXTRÊME in N°130 Rouge Obscur  and ROUGE COCO GLOSS in N°816 Laque Noire.

Other products used for the look were:

  • LES BEIGES WATER-FRESH TINT
  • LA PALETTE ESSENTIELLE (concealer)
  • DUO BRONZE ET LUMIÈRE Medium
  • BAUME ESSENTIEL Transparent
  • STYLO OMBRE ET CONTOUR N°04 Electric Brown or N°12 Contour Clair
  • STYLO YEUX WATERPROOF N°949 BLANC GRAPHIQUE, available in July
  • LE CRAYON LÈVRES N°09 Rouge Noir-Vamp
  • LE VOLUME RÉVOLUTION DE CHANEL Mascara N°10 Noir
  • LES PINCEAUX DE CHANEL Retractable Dual-Tip Concealer Brush

I have written about berry/plum/dark lip products so may times already, and I will never get bored of it.  I mean, I even wore a dark plum lipstick to my wedding day.

I looked through my own collection to see what products I could suggest to recreate the look while the Chanel gloss is not available.

Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 08 Plum Shimmer  (review of other shades)

Not sure how I don’t have a feature about this particular shade but I did write about the other ones. Clarins Lip Perfectors are some of the best lip products out there, if you want to get a dark but not a full on lip, with a comfort of a balm – try this one. It is for a dark lips-phobes who are trying to ease into it.

butter LONDON La Moss Lippy (Review and Lip Swatches)

This  lacquer is  insane,  it’s like a liquid latex on your lips. The colour and the finish are  to-die-for, the application can be tricky but still worth it.

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Transylvania (review and lip swatches)

This one is not as glossy as the other two but the colour is gorgeous and you can wear it as a stain or as an intense statement. It is  one of my favourite lip products I own, and it is cheap, too.


Dark Lips. Get The Look: Chanel Autumn 2020 and Alternative Products sourced from: MakeUp4All

No comments:

Post a Comment