Saturday, July 13, 2019

NARS Summer Lights Face Palette Review

IMG_E1001

Hi all! Happy Saturday! I hope you are having a great weekend!

I’m back with a face palette review!  I gifted myself this gorgeous NARS palette for my birthday last month.   It’s the NARS Summer Lights Face Palette ($59 USD) and it’s available online at Ulta.com.

Here’s closeup pics:img_e1002.jpgimg_e1003.jpg

Gorgeous!  I like the packaging.  It is simple and elegant.  It’s made from sturdy plastic and it has a nice mirror.

What I don’t like is that the shades aren’t printed on the inside of the palette.  They are on the back.  The shadow shades from left to right are Rainwater, Hibiscus, Papeete and Hei.  The highlighter is Paper Flower and the bronzer is Destination Unknown.

Here are the swatches:

IMG_1007

I’ve swatched the four shadows first, then the highlighter and bronzer.

The eye shadows are my favorite shades in the palette.  They are nicely pigmented and very easy to blend.  I can make a complete eye look with them.  I put one of the left two shadows all over my lid.  The brown matte shadow is nice in the crease. The darkest shade is perfect to deepen the outer corner, create a smoky eye or use under the eye.

The highlighter doesn’t swatch the best, but it’s really glow on.  It can also be used on the eye.  The bronzer is light, but it’s nice for a subtle bronze look and also as a transition shade on the eyes.  I wouldn’t recommend it for deeper skin tones, though.

I also wanted to share the free gift I received with this and share a tip.  If you purchase online from Ulta, the are frequently offering free gifts with purchase.  I usually wait until one is available to shop online. The gift this time was a free Beauty Bag with any $30 online purchase:

IMG_0996IMG_0997

The bag says Talk Beauty to Me, which is so cute!  And it has all these great goodies inside.  I bought this in June, but they are often doing cute gifts with purchase if you are thinking of placing an order with Ulta. Also, don’t forget their points program.  I’m a Platinum member and there’s always fun deals.


I do really love this palette!  I think it’s great for travel and easy summer looks.  The quality is great, too!  This is my first NARS palette and definitely not my last!

What’s your current summer palette?  Do you have any from NARS?


NARS Summer Lights Face Palette Review posted first on https://fortyflirtyfabulous.com/2019/07/13/nars-summer-lights-face-palette-review/

No comments:

Post a Comment