Friday, July 19, 2019

Revolution x The Emily Edit – The Wants Eyeshadow Palette Review

Hi all!  Happy Friday!  I am so ready for the weekend!

I decided to do a fun palette review today! This is the Revolution x The Emily Edit – The Wants Eyeshadow Palette.  It’s a larger palette with lots of fun colors!

It is in collaboration with Youtuber Emily Noel.  She does beauty videos and has an easy-going personality.

IMG-1157

I purchased this on sale at Ulta.  It is normally $20 USD, which is not bad, but it was on sale for $12!  I’ve had my eye on it for a while, so I scooped it up!

The packaging is sturdy plastic. Here’s the inside:

IMG-1165.JPG

It has 24 shades and a huge mirror!  This has a lot of cool and warm toned neutrals with a few pops of color. Here are the shades:

  • The Cream (white cream, matte finish)
  • Midwest (light tan, matte finish)
  • Oh Heavens! (beige cream, satin finish)
  • Cupcake (peach, satin finish)
  • Hobby (light brown, matte finish)
  • Dues Paid (red brick, matte finish)
  • LoveTons (plum, matte finish)
  • Laughcry (blood orange, matte finish)
  • Prayer (sepia brown, matte finish)
  • Eve Rose (light lilac with a gold shift, satin finish)
  • Pizzazz (maroon purple, shimmer finish)
  • Cheer (maroon, matte finish)
  • Grateful (lime green, shimmer finish)
  • Belle Violet (lavender, shimmer finish)
  • Family (deep purple, matte finish)
  • Heartbeat (chestnut, shimmer finish)
  • Good Vibes (rich copper, shimmer finish)
  • Capricorn (mocha brown, satin finish)
  • Top Story (gold, shimmer finish)
  • Corduroy (emerald green, matte finish)
  • Side Hustle (khaki green with a gold shift, shimmer finish)
  • Pi Phi (plum purple, matte finish)
  • Apartment (wood brown, matte finish)
  • Dark & Early (black, matte finish)

 

 

Here are close up photos of each side:

IMG-1166IMG-1167

I haven’t tried all of the shades, but I have tried some mattes and shimmers.

Swatches!

IMG-1168

This photo is a bit blurry but the rest are okay. ( I’ll reswatch it when I can and replace it).

The shades in the first row from left to right are The Cream, Hobby, Prayer, Grateful, Good Vibes, Side Hustle.

Hobby and Prayer are good transition shades and cream is nice all over the lid.  I haven’t tried the other shades yet.

IMG-1170

Second row from left to right — Midwest, Dues Paid, Eve Rose, Belle Violet, Capricorn and Pi Phi.

Midwest and Dues paid are great crease shades.  Eve Rose and Belle Violet are very sheer shimmers.  They are more like shadow toppers.  They are okay.

IMG-1171

Third row left to right — Oh Heavens!, Love Tons, Pizazz, Family, Top Story and Apartment.

I enjoy using Love Tons and Apartment to deepen an eye look.  Pizazz and Top Story are gorgeous lid shimmers.

IMG-1172

Fourth row left to right — Cupcake, Laughcry, Cheer, Heartbeat, Corduroy and Dark & Early.

Cupcake is another sheer lid shade.  It’s really pretty, though.  The rest of the shades on this row are nice to create more dramatic looks.

I’m still trying out this palette.  The first time I used it, the shadows only lasted two hours.  I just put it over concealer.  The other times I have worn it, I used an eyeshadow base and set it.  That works better and they last a few hours longer.  This isn’t a highly pigmented palette.  It’s nice, but not one for really dramatic or very long lasting looks.

For $12, it’s a pretty good deal, but I’m glad I didn’t pay $20 for it.  You can get Colourpop palettes for the same price or less and they have better pigmentation.

I will continue to play with this palette, and recommend it for those who like more natural looks or want to support Emily Noel.


Do you have this palette?  Are you a fan of Emily Noel?

 


Revolution x The Emily Edit – The Wants Eyeshadow Palette Review posted first on https://fortyflirtyfabulous.com/2019/07/19/revolution-x-the-emily-edit-the-wants-eyeshadow-palette-review/

No comments:

Post a Comment