Monday, September 30, 2019

Givenchy · New Le Rouge Lipstick & L’Interdit Eau de Toilette

Givenchy has just launched several new products and I’ve got a selection to show you in today’s post. As someone who tends to lean towards luxury beauty, it’s no real surprise that this brand has captured my attention; quality products and attention to detail definitely speak my language.

Follow @ommorphia  YouTube ♦ Instagram ♦ Facebook ♦ Twitter ♦ Pinterest ♦ Bloglovin

If you’ve yet to try a lipstick from this brand, then I highly recommend you do yourself a favour and change that because in my opinion, Givenchy makes a STELLAR product. Known for their chic leather outer casing, the Le Rouge range has been reinvented for 2019 with the new Deep Velvet, Night Noir, and new shades added to the original Le Rouge, created under the guidance of the brand’s makeup director Nicolas Degennes.

Le Rouge 316 Orange Absolu (CAN $46.00) | Housed in the brand’s signature leather case with stud closure, there are 6 new shades for 2019 as well as 23 existing shades. The texture is ridiculously creamy, providing full coverage from the first swipe and coming to a luminous satiny finish. The formula has been tweaked to give a slight plumping effect thanks to Hyaluronic Acid Spheres, while Acmella Oleracea Flowers create a lush smoothing action. Orange Absolu is that perfect orange that’s neither too yellow nor red leaning, and suitable against a broad range of complexions, but it’s the texture that will win you over: like buttah. Staying power is excellent as well despite its emollience, fading to a light stain when the majority of colour has gone.

Le Rouge Deep Velvet 25 Fuchsia Vibrant (CAN $46.00) | Available in 6 shades, this range comes packaged in a red suede exterior case along with the same stud closure. Enriched with Mango Butter to deliver absolute comfort throughout wear, the soft powdery finish is very velvet-like and not the flat light-absorbing variety of other matte lipsticks. Highly colour saturated, it delivers full coverage from the first swipe while staying power is amazing, needing only a light touch up after eating and/or drinking (fades to a nice stain as well). As someone who loves the editorial look of a matte lip but can’t deal with the drying effect, I am so impressed with the way this formula feels — finally a matte I can wear with ease!

Le Rouge Night Noir 05 Night In Plum (CAN $46.00) | Drawing inspiration for the House’s Autumn/Winter 2018 runway show, these come housed in a new glimmering outer case that’s both fun & luxe. Available in 6 shades, the slightly sheer black base coats lips with a soft buttery sheen, while the smoothly laying glitter particles capture and reflect light for an ultra-shiny effect. Upon first glance, I assumed that this shade would be darker than I preferred to wear but imagine my surprise to see how utterly wearable it actually is. The mulberry hue can be tamped down by lightly blotting — this way it becomes just a hint of colour, or layered up for more impact. Either way, the feel is so comfortable and while not as long-lasting as the other two, it still fades to a lovely stain just the same.

L’Interdit Eau de Toilette (CAN $99.00/50 ml) | The newest addition to the L’Interdit family (you can read about the Eau de Parfum here) is this Eau de Toilette and while the DNA of the original is still quite present, this version is meant to be “a liberating breath of fresh air“. Created by the trio of master perfumers Dominique Ropion, Anne Flipo and Fanny Bal, this fragrance is both intense and airy … also, absolutely wearable. The bottle pays tribute to the 1957 original (created for none other than Audrey Hepburn, Hubert de Givenchy’s famous muse and friend) but comes with a grey satin ribbon around the neck and a new copper-coloured font. Key notes include:

  • Top: poppy
  • Heart: tuberose, orange blossom, musk
  • Base: vetiver, patchouli accord

Although my tastes tend to run towards anything vanilla or spicy, I find myself drawn to this white floral. Possibly it’s because of the poppy that seems to unbalance any sweetness to add a unique & somewhat dark touch, or perhaps the earthiness provided by the patchouli and vetiver are what appeals, but there’s something about this that I can’t exactly put my finger on, and I love it when a fragrance puzzles me in a good way such as this. The soft soapy/skin dry down is wonderful too, while staying power is incredibly good for an eau de toilette; I can still faintly smell it along my wrists even a day later.


It’s all in the details, such as Hubert de Givenchy’s signature on the inner box

I am unapologetic about my love for luxury beauty, and I guess it’s because I’ve always been all about the “you get what you pay for” school of thought, and that’s exactly the case with Givenchy. That said, a product has to more than just look pretty on the outside for me to stand behind it, and thankfully the Le Rouge lipstick range is so well crafted. As to fragrances, I’m notoriously picky with what I wear (the wrong notes = instant migraine, hence the pickiness) so if my description of L’Interdit Eau de Toilette sounds up your alley, give it a shot next time you’re at the counter … and channel a bit of Audrey, while you’re at it.

Available at Sephora and Holt Renfrew Ogilvy

Kindly provided by Givenchy for my unbiased consideration


Givenchy · New Le Rouge Lipstick & L’Interdit Eau de Toilette sourced from: ommorphia beauty bar

No comments:

Post a Comment